Friday, March 13, 2020

heyooooo...

So my last blog post I talked about color scheme... So I think its only fitting to talk about the costumes... At first.. I didn't think it was going to be that many costumes.. but I am coming realize .. it  is indeed a lot of costumes.. especially because I want the color scheme to gradually change throughout the film... and thats only for one of the main characters... as for the hippie friend.. she will wear the warm colors throughout the whole film. This change in costumes as well as the color scheme is also representative of the characters growth...
Just to give the juxtaposing example..
The main character ( the one going through the awakening)

In the first shot she will wear something like ...
 It is very buttoned up.. closed and blue... which establishes the color scheme I want and the emotion I am trying to get across..
Then throughout the film.. as she goes on her journey she starts to change her wardrobe.. this still contains blue but it is majority brow... a warmer color. Furthermore, it is a dress, which is more open and flowy ... similar to how her mindset is changing.. the wardrobe would change more gradually than the picture above to this ... but this is for example purposes..


At the end of the film we would then see .. something like this.. it is warmer. However, the character is still embracing who she is and where she came from... she is still wearing pants but the pants are flowy and not as tight.. What I want to do is tell the story not just through the plot but through the colors and the progression of her wardrobe.. which would add so much.. i believe attention to detail is everything. 

I will post another blog about her friends wardrobe ... not as exciting but it will help me get my ideas in order.. 

bye, bye 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is it :( My CCR